2017 SALSA XI Sesquiannual Conference, Lima, Perú
The conference was held July 20-23, 2017 at Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú, with Oscar Espinosa (Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú) responsible for general conference organization, and Harry Walker (London School of Economics and Political Science) and Laura Zanotti (Purdue University) responsible for the academic program.
Highlights of the conference program included the following:
- Keynote lecture by Richard Chase Smith
- Opening lecture by Jean-Pierre Chaumeil
- Special debate on indigenous peoples in isolation
- Conversations in the Lobby on teaching Amazonian anthropology
- Evening tribute in honour of Pat Lyon
- Keynote dinner and guided tour at the Larco Museum
- In memoriam a special session in honor of Bill Vickers
- Exhibition of paintings by indigenous artists
- Pre-conference meeting July 13-17 on intercultural collaborative research
–Jonathan Hill (SALSA President), Carlos D. Londoño Sulkin (SALSA President-Elect), Harry Walker and Laura Zanotti (SALSA 2017 Academic Program Chair), Oscar Espinosa (Conference Organizer), Jeremy Campbell (SALSA Secretary-Treasurer), Glenn Shepard (SALSA Webmaster).