2017 SALSA XI Sesquiannual Conference, Lima, Perú
The conference will be held July 20-23, 2017 at Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú, with Oscar Espinosa (Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú) responsible for general conference organization, and Harry Walker (London School of Economics and Political Science) and Laura Zanotti (Purdue University) responsible for the academic program.
Highlights of the conference program including the following:
- Keynote lecture by Richard Chase Smith
- Opening lecture by Jean-Pierre Chaumeil
- Special debate on indigenous peoples in isolation
- Conversations in the Lobby on teaching Amazonian anthropology
- Evening tribute in honour of Pat Lyon
- Keynote dinner and guided tour at the Larco Museum
- In memoriam a special session in honor of Bill Vickers
- Exhibition of paintings by indigenous artists
- Pre-conference meeting July 13-17 on intercultural collaborative research
Conference events will primarily take place on the campus of Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú. Most SALSA participants will stay at hotels located in the neighborhoods of Miraflores and San Isidro, where there are many nearby restaurants, bars, and shops. More details on accommodation to follow.
We are honored to once again offer the Steven Lee Rubenstein Memorial Scholarship that will support travel to SALSA conferences.
Submissions to the general conference program are now CLOSED. Conference participants should renew their membership or join SALSA and register through member services. The deadline for discounted early registration is APRIL 30. Exceptionally, non-members who will be participating only in the special debate on isolated indigenous peoples will not be required to register or join. More information about conference logistics will be posted as the date approaches. If you have any questions please feel free to contact the conference organizers at firstname.lastname@example.org.
–Jonathan Hill (SALSA President), Carlos D. Londoño Sulkin (SALSA President-Elect), Harry Walker and Laura Zanotti (SALSA 2017 Academic Program Chair), Oscar Espinosa (Conference Organizer), and Jeremy Campbell (SALSA Secretary-Treasurer-Webmaster)