2019 SALSA XII Sesquiannual Conference – Vienna, Austria
The conference was held June 27-30, 2019 at Weltmuseum Wien in Vienna, with Claudia Augustat (Weltmuseum) responsible for general conference organization, and Juan Alvaro Echeverri (Universidad Nacional de Colombia, Sede Amazonia), responsible for the academic program.
⇒ PHOTOS ⇐
- Keynote Lecture, by Anne-Christine Taylor: Mismatches: Museums, Anthropology and Amazonia
- Debate: Policy Setbacks and Rights Reversals faced by Indigenous Brazilians under Bolsonaro and how to Fight Back
- Conversations in the Lobby: (Gendered) vulnerabilities and fieldwork
- Photo exhibition: The forest of mirrors
- Film screenings
- SALSA Conference Dinner
- SALSA Membership General Meeting
Program-at-a-glance (with hyperlinks to every individual session)
SALSA 2019 FULL PROGRAM AND PAPER ABSTRACTS
- Thematic Panels, Workshop and Thematic Sessions
- Poster presentations
- Special Meetings
- Presenters and Abstracts
- Lodging suggestions
- Food and Entertainment
- Museums and sites of interest
- Health and Care
See you in Vienna!
–Carlos D. Londoño Sulkin (SALSA President 2017-2020), Jeremy M. Campbell (SALSA President-Elect 2020-2023), Laura Zanotti (Secretary-Treasurer 2017-2020), Claudia Augustat (SALSA 2019 Conference Organizer), Juan Alvaro Echeverri (SALSA 2019 Academic Program Chair), Glenn Shepard (SALSA Webmaster).