Terms of reference for membership in SALSA’s Public Issues and Actions Committee (PIAC)
SALSA President Jonathan Hill created the SALSA Public Issues and Actions Committee (PIAC) in 2014. These are the terms of reference for membership in PIAC:
- There shall be four voting members on the PIAC.
- Voting membership in the PIAC shall be for three years, renewable once.
- The PIAC shall have a chair, appointed by the President in consultation with the PIAC. The chair shall serve for two years.
- New members of the PIAC shall be appointed by the President in consultation with the Board of Directors and current and past PIAC members. All shall seek to ensure that new members complement the expertise and regional and gender diversity of the PIAC, and that membership is staggered.
- The President and President-Elect of SALSA shall be ex-officio, normally non-voting, members of the PIAC. Nevertheless, the President-Elect may vote to break a tie.